Accommodation › Mission Beach
Sunrise Beach Lodge
Sunrise Beach Lodge is a truly unique way to experience this magnificent region and all it has to offer in comfort and in style. This absolute beachfront property is just 40klm south of Cairns. Set in the midst of a quaint little fishing village at the mouth of the Mulgrave and Russell River system; still close enough to Cairns but as far away from the “rat race” as you would like to make it.
Isolated and surrounded by two World Heritage listed areas. The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park and uninhabited Frank land Islands are right at our front door. To the rear are the pristine Wet Tropics Rainforests and rugged mountain ranges of the Russell River National Park.
Sunrise Beach Lodge is a modern, fully screened, and air-conditioned two storey residence. The two large living areas overlook the spectacular Frank land Islands. You also have the option of booking the entire accommodation for an exclusive getaway or for that special holiday with friends.
There are two large (approx 6 x 3 mtrs) Bedrooms, each with own private bathroom and with ocean views. One bedroom is located on the top floor and one on the ground floor. The sleeping configuration of each is 1 x Queen, 1 x Double sofa / bed, 1 x single bunk bed. There is a concertina ‘privacy’ wall that can slide over to separate the large room into two smaller rooms, giving two 3m x 3m rooms.
Click here for more information about Sunrise Beach Lodge.
Activities available at Sunrise Beach Lodge include:
- Beach and river fishing (land based)
- Picnics in special places
- Fresh Water Waterfall
Other optional activities include:
- Exploring by boat the beautiful headlands and secluded beaches
- Exploring the off-shore islands, including snorkelling and diving
- Reef fishing – Self Drive Option
- Barramundi and estuary fishing
Who can stay?
Sunrise Beach Lodge caters to individuals, couples, families. And is a great getaway weekend for all. Self drive is is a great option for those who have a boat to get there of course and to explore the many waterways of the River & Estuary. The Frank land Islands near by is also a fabulous destination right at your doorstep for those who have there own Reef vessel.
How long should I stay?
There is a no minimum stay required, but it is advisable to stay at least a few days to experience this tropical paradise and all it has to offer. We are ideally situated to take advantage of the Great Barrier Reef and the Wet Tropics rainforests (both world heritage listed). We can put together a recommended package holiday for you if you wish. See our Sunrise Beach Lodge 3 Day / 2 Night Fisherman’s Delight page for more information.
- Double storey brick and tile residence
- Two deluxe bedrooms (each sleeping 1 to 4 and each with ocean views)
- Private bathrooms
- Separate dining room
- Large lounge room with Television (incl. satellite), Video, DVD
- Fully appointed modern kitchen
- Outdoor full length balcony upstairs with ocean views
- Outdoor full length patio downstairs with ocean views
- Air conditioning throughout
- Fans throughout
- Fully screened
- Telephone and fax facilities *
- Library of books, magazines, CDs and DVDs
- Separate staff quarters with separate amenities
- All linen provided
- Full laundry facilities available
Contact us for enquiries or bookings.
Self Drive Options only Contact Sunrise Beach Lodge Direct
Ph: +61 (7) 4067 5022
Home › Top › Back › Accommodation › Cairns Southern Beaches