Charters › Inshore Blue Water
Doreen Too - Great Barrier Reef & Cape York
Coral Sea Adventures is a family company (based in Port Douglas) offering extended charters throughout the northern Great Barrier Reef and remote Cape York waters aboard the motor vessel Doreen Too.
Doreen Too is a magnificent purpose built timber charter vessel. At 55ft she is a classic, weighs 75 tons and underwent a major refit in 2003 / 2004.
You can expect to travel with experienced & trusted hands. Three crew members accompany extended trips and they pride themselves on their attention to details and service. The catering is superb and is complimented by fresh local produce and seafood.
Travel to the remote Cape York waters where the fishing is simply 'awesome'. Little fished reefs including the famous 10 Ribbon Reefs on the continental shelf, Princess Charlotte Bay, the productive grounds near Lizard Island and the Bathurst Islands are just some of the options you can choose to visit.
Each trip's agenda is arranged in consultation with the clients.
Fishing from the vessel is allowed and the night fishing is sensational. They also take two 3.85m Quintrex tender boats to explore nearby locations / rivers & estuaries (note appropriate boat licence must be produced).
Target species include prime reef dwellers like coral trout, red emperor and nannygai, oceanic pelagics like spanish mackerel, various tuna (including monstrous dogtooth tuna - the bully of the remote reefs), wahoo, dolphin fish GT’s and cobia. While in the rivers & estuaries prime salt water barra are king - mangrove jacks steal your lures while metre long queenfish gyrate all over the surface....... INTERESTED?
Anglers are encouraged to bring along their own tackle and you can expect to tangle with quality fish as per the above as well as wrasse, various cod species northern blue fin and yellowfin tuna, while possible encounters with sailfish, and of course classic small black marlin to be considered.
Ensure your gear is up to the task as tropical speedsters are bigger and meaner than most fish caught anywhere else - expect the unexpected more often than not! Basic hand lines for reef fishing and light tackle trolling outfits can be supplied on a replace if lost / damaged basis.
For fishing enthusiasts Doreen Too offers:
- True sea going capabilities
- Full walk around decks under shade
- Two sportfishing dinghies
- Generous accommodation
- Ample refrigeration including snap freezer
- Polly boxes for packing your cleaned catch
Note: new GBRMPA regulations apply to size & catch limits, seasonal closures.
Fishing activities include:
- Day and night reef Fishing
- Trolling from mothership and fishing dinghies for pelagic species
- Barramundi and estuary fishing available
- Where possible live bait provided
- Mud crabbing
- Snorkelling, island walks and other activities available
Other activities can include snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef, walking and relaxing on beautiful islands, personal holiday itineraries to cater for your group.
With comfortable bedding, shower/toilet facilities, a spacious galley and ample room to manoeuvre around the fore and back decks the Doreen Too is your ideal floating lodge. A huge freezer is part of the vessel allowing clients to freeze and pack their quota of fish to take home after the trip.
The vessel is also available as a mothership for overnight / extended marlin trips to the productive continental shelf.
Whether fishing for prized tropical species is your go, island hopping or a snorkel on a secluded reef, the Doreen Too is the perfect vessel for your adventure in paradise.
The crew genuinely enjoy sharing the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef with clients and the experiences they can enjoy in our unique part of the world will last a life time.
- Length - 55ft
- Beam - 17.2ft
- Draft - 8 ft
- Built - built by Keith Smith, Townsville, Qld. Launched 1974
- Fully renovated - 2003/2004
- Engines - Twin Gardner Diesel engines, Lister Auxiliary, 6.2 KVA genset
- Cruising speed - 8 knots
From $400 per person per day|
- Maximum angler number of 10 persons applies
- Share Charters available to join
- Overnight or extend charters available
- Light refreshments and all meals provided
- All Bait & Tackle - Fish to take home as per bag limits etc.
- Twin share accommodation
- Tour departs ex Port Douglas (subject to availability, seasonal conditions apply)
- Alcohol available at cost, to be ordered prior to charter
- Rates include 10% GST
- Other charter options on request
Terms And Conditions
- General Terms & Conditions apply
- Tour subject to availability, minimum numbers and seasonal conditions.
- All rates quoted are in Australian Dollars and valid until dates shown
- Number of fishing days can be varied, price on application.
Please contact us if you would like
to book this charter, or need some help in arranging an 'Up North' fishing
Home › Top › Back › Charters › Inshore Blue Water