Charters › Inshore Blue Water
7 Day Seisia And Cape York
(Number of days flexible)
Accessible in just under two hours flying time from Cairns to Bamaga, 6 times a week, with a short transfer to Seisia and you can start your holiday experience. Facilities available at Seisia include a small supermarket, tackle store, garage, hospital, doctor, dentist etc.
Day 1: Fly Cairns - Bamaga (1¾ hour flight)
This flight departs Cairns at approximately 8:30am and after arriving at Bamaga your guide will meet you and transport you to your accommodation.
Partake of a sunset cruise or 4WD trip to explore some local colour.
Day 2 - 6: Fishing, cruising, 4WD, sightseeing
You will be well into your Cape York adventure on day two and will be absolutely amazed at the options available with this exclusive package. Our guide has three custom built craft at his disposal and will tailor make your itinerary to suite your angling skills, species targets, prevailing weather conditions and cruising and 4WD sightseeing.
Drive up to the famed waters of the Jacky Jacky Estuary system, a massive mangrove lined estuary and home to dozens of species of fish, saltwater crocodiles, dolphins, manta rays, and a wealth of bird life. Or cruise up the coast to the Jardine River, flowing fresh right to the mouth all year round, this perennial river is believed to be fed by underground springs flowing all the way from the Papua New Guinea highlands.
The Jardine is pristine, crystal clear and the mouth of this river is sandy, wide and shallow, ideal for a brief beachcombing stop.
Beyond the Jardine we travel along the coast to the numerous Islands, sand cays, some home to nesting turtles and pass by many un-named creeks and sandy beaches that stretch as far as the eye can see. A wilderness area only reached by boat and an emphasis on the eco-style appreciation of this unique environment is assured.
Off the coast we have many island, pristine bays, bright sandy beaches and crystal clear waters to explore. A trip to Thursday Island perhaps, the administrative centre of the Torres Strait, with a rich past dominated by the pearl industry and can also include:
- Travel via Prince of Wales Is.
- Travel via Possession group of islands
- A mini bus trip around the island with panoramic views
- A visit to the Heritage Museum on Horn Is, rich in WW11 history
- Roko Is Pearl Farm - tour and purchase pearls
- Opportunities to swim, snorkel and spearfish
And then of course we have the fishing.
From cruising up the creeks casting to barramundi, trevally and marauding queenfish to a leisurely troll off the coast for the likes of spanish mackerel and tuna.
Bottom bouncing for coral trout and emperor to sight casting to feeding northern bluefin tuna - this tour will provide the perfect vessels to suite your fishing style and targets, with the local knowledge and expertise of our guides to ensure your every desire is met.
Day 7: Return Bamaga to Cairns
The choice is yours, just spend a lazy morning preparing for your return journey back to the rat race, drive around the local area or partake in just one more frantic fishing session before boarding your midday flight for the comfortable trip back to Cairns.
Seisia Resort and Campground: Absolute beach-front, right next to the wharf and boat ramp, we'll have you fishing in minutes. Your twin share fully self-contained lodge has full kitchen facilities, gas BBQ and laundry facilities.
Larger groups can be accommodated in a mixture of these lodges or in our Polynesian style A-frame villas which feature kitchenware, washing machine, freezer and all linen and a daily service.
The duration of this tour package can be amended subject to availability. Conditions apply.
Price on application
- Includes 5 days fishing, touring / sightseeing / 4WD excursions where arranged, 6 nights twin share accommodation, all pick up and transfers, and return airfares (conditions apply)
- Fishing conducted on twin share charter basis, sole charter is available (price on application)
- Extra person rate available
- All quality tackle provided on a replace if lost broken basis (fly fisherman are encouraged to bring own gear)
- Light refreshments, lunch and transfers provided on full day charters
- Twin share accommodation, single supplement available (price on application)
- Tour departs daily (subject to availability, seasonal conditions apply)
- Alcohol, telephone calls, breakfast and evening meals from motel at own expense
- Rates include 10% GST
- Number of days can be amended to suit (conditional upon availability)
Terms And Conditions
- General Terms and Conditions apply
- Tour subject to availability, minimum numbers and seasonal conditions.
- All rates quoted are in Australian Dollars and valid until dates shown
- Number of fishing days can be varied, price on application.
Please contact us if you would like to book this charter, or need some help in arranging an 'Up North' fishing holiday. For a complete report on the adventures of yours truly in the wilds of Seisia and doing some REALLY awesome fishing, click here for PDF version.
Home › Top › Back › Charters › Inshore Blue Water