Charters › Calm Water
Tully Rainforest Rivers
Fish the magnificent Tully and Murray rivers for 3 days and 2 nights
(more or less days/nights available) adjacent to the Cassowary Coast about
150km south of Cairns.
The Tully is a magnificent freshwater system with gin clear fast flowing
sections entwined with numerous deep slower flowing pools lined by tropical
rainforest or open fields.
The river abounds with fish such as Sooty Grunter, Jungle Perch, Tarpon,
Mangrove Jack, and Barramundi.
is probably the best river suited for tropical flyfishing and lure fishing,
if variety and numbers are your preference.
The Murray River is a smaller system about 10km south of the Tully river
and is a slower flowing "jungle river" consisting of fresh, brackish and
saltwater sections, with rainforest even the mighty Daintree can't match.
We even see Cassowaries regularly on the river banks!
The main species of fish in the Murray is Barramundi and it is the most consistent river system for barra all year round.
With the low population in the area it is rare to see another boat let alone other people.
Your charter commences with a pick-up from your accomodation in Cairns
or from the airport and then a leisurely 2hour drive in a comfortable
4WD and you will be on the water by 9.30am on day 1.
Accomodation is at the magnificent Mission Beach Resort which features
airconditioned serviced rooms overlooking a magnificent landscaped pools.
Relax with a cold beer in the pool and let those tired muscles relax before
dinner in the Bistro.
This Package includes all fly and lure fishing equipment supplied on
a replace if lost or broken basis, boat and guide, lunch, soft drinks,
transfers, twin or triple accommodation. It does not include breakfast,
evening meal, alcohol, or phone calls from hotel room.
Terms And Conditions
- General Terms and Conditions apply
- Fishing conducted on twin share charter basis, sole charter is available (price on application)
- All quality tackle provided on a replace if lost or broken basis
- Light refreshments, lunch and transfers provided on full day charters
- Twin share accommodation (room only)
- Transfers from Cairns and return
- Number of days can be amended to suit (conditional upon availability)
- Package is subject to availability, seasonal conditions. Alternate
locations such as Hinchinbrook Island will be utilised if water conditions
are unfavourable or preferred.
- All rates quoted are in Australian Dollars
- All prices quoted are based on 1 or 2 anglers sharing a vessel.
Please contact us if you would like
to book this charter, or need some help in arranging an 'Up North' fishing
Home › Top › Back › Charters › Calm Water