Fishing Cairns has been designed to inform and enlighten you, the visiting angler, on all matters fishy. To help make up your mind as to what to target, the local environments, where to fish, when to fish, and what to use.
Most of this information for Tropical North Queensland wasn’t available in one place on the internet so we decided to knock it up for you. Some information is here on the Fishing Cairns site, while other information is available externally on other sites.
- Queensland Fishing App, Android version…
- Queensland Fishing App, Apple version…
- Fishing Safely – Articles By Dr Deborah Mills
- Marine Stinger Info
- Rules And Regulations – Bag limits, permit requirements and links to statutory organisations.
- Local Boat Ramps – Photos and descriptions of the boat ramps around Cairns
- Boat Stuff – Tips on small craft maintenance.
Fishers from Tully to the Daintree are benefiting from a new hands-on model which shows how to release fish with barotrauma.
Barotrauma occurs when a fish is caught at depths of over 10 metres. As it surfaces,
If you’d like the sort of fishing holiday where there’s a chance of winning some money, instead of just spending it, why don’t you try to be here for one of North Queensland’s popular Fishing Tournaments. Guaranteed great fun, great company, and usually a pretty good party afterwards!
- Australian Volunteer Coastguard
- Marine Park Zoning
- Marine Park Permits
- Queensland VHF Repeater Network
- CRC Reef Research Centre
- Reef Guardian Program
- Queensland Fisheries Management Authority
- Department Of Primary Industry Fish ID guide
- Queensland Transport – Marine Safety Queensland
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority
- Cairns Seasonal Fishing Guide
- Queensland Recreational Fishing Rules
If you are looking for links to fishing sites, click here.