North Australian Fish Finder
FISH FINDER 12 is the latest edition of Australia’s fishing ‘bible’, released for 2017/18.
This book is essential kit if you are chasing the NT’s Million Dollar Fish (MDF), as it contains the most detailed Northern Territory fishing maps available anywhere. MDF will run again in the 2017/18 wet season, with dozens of $10,000 tagged barramundi to be caught in NT waters.
The FISH FINDER TM book famously tells you where rockbars, wrecks, reefs, holes are, and many of the best fishing spots.
The 2017/18 edition covers all mainland states, but with the greatest detail is in Australia’s remote north, especially Darwin and the Top End, Cape York Peninsula, and the Kimberley.
As well as revealing spots in detail, including GPS marks and exclusive micro charts made by the FISH FINDER team, this book explains fishing conditions around Australia, including weather, tides and seasonal fishing.
The new FISH FINDER has, as always, new and exciting Northern Territory coverage, with a special feature on the Roper River, including the hazardous rockbars, the Limmen Bight River, the Pinnacles, the Lee Point Wide Spoil Ground, and more.
There is a superb bathymetric map of Darwin Harbour with a Lat-Long grid for taking GPS marks off any feature that looks fishy. Just about every patch of reef is revealed.
For Queenslanders, there is exclusive new multi-page aerial low-tide photography on MACKAY and TOWNSVILLE creeks and rivers, commissioned by FISH FINDER.
FISH FINDER TM is the first Australian book to regularly incorporate exclusive micro charts of selected hotspots. Some of the charted areas include:
* Nine Mile, Black Rock and other reefs near the QLD/NSW border.
* Adelaide River rockbars, NT.
* Daly River rockbars, NT.
* Finniss River rockbars, NT.
* Bass Reef, NT.
* Bynoe Wide, NT.
* Fog Bay Wide, NT.
* Shady Camp freshwater rockbars and Jewfish Reef, NT.
* Adelaide River jewfish reef, NT.
* Middle Arm, Darwin Harbour, NT.
* Lee Point Artificial Reefs, NT.
* Fenton Patches Artificial Reefs, NT.
* Elizabeth River, Darwin Harbour, NT.
* Yepoon region reefs, Qld.
* Botany Bay and The Peak, NSW.
There is great information for Cape York Peninsula, including …
* The ultra-remote Kirke and Love Rivers
* Fishing and camping around The Tip
* Camping at remote Skardon River
* Cape York’s West Coast (Gulf of Carpentaria) remote community camps
The SEQ section is superb …
*Double-page spread on Jumpinpin, featuring a superb satellite image.
*Double-page spread on Great Sandy Strait, featuring a superb satellite image.
*Double-page spread on Fraser Island, featuring a superb satellite image.
*Double-page spread on Moreton Bay, featuring a superb satellite image.
*Maps of the major reefs wide of Tweed Heads, south to Black Rock.
There’s a vast WA section, from Perth north to the NT border. Highlights include …
*Dampier Peninsula fishing camps near Broome
*Huge Pilbara and Kimberley coverage. See the shallow estuaries around Port Hedland and Karratha at low tide
*Almost all of the Kimberley coast is covered by satellite imagery
FISH FINDER TM includes the NSW coast from border to border, including …
* Superb aerial imagery of Port Hacking
* Exclusive charts of The Peak, Botany Bay, and Flint and Steel
* Superb aerial image of Lake Mulwala
* Aerial photos of most NSW coastal bar crossings
Plus Queensland and NSW stocked dams.
This exciting book has amazing aerial coverage, so you can see the layout of estuaries to assess potential fishing spots.
There’s advice on choosing gear, including specialist barramundi boats and tackle.
Published privately by Sunday Territorian (Darwin) fishing editor Matt Flynn.